EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 25TH 2018
- LogmeOnce participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. LogmeOnce is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. [https://www.privacyshield.gov/list].
- With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, LogmeOnce is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, LogmeOnce may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- LogmeOnce, in providing the Services, comply with provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you sign up for an account with us, we collect and store information that specifically identifies you, including but not limited to, your name, email address, and other information you may submit.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you choose to contact us through email or chat, we may retain the content of your messages together with your email address and our responses.
Credit Card Information
- If you pay for a LogmeOnce service directly from us, we collect your credit card number, expiration date, security code and other applicable billing information. We use this information to bill you for services. LogmeOnce uses third-party payment processors and therefore has only limited information about your payment transactions.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you use LogmeOnce, our servers automatically record certain information about your mobile devices. This information may include an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI, UDID), subscriber identifier (e.g., IMSI), device name, mobile phone number, device type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier/operator, network type, country of origin, location information, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the dates and times of your requests. We use this information to provide our services, and support if needed, and to create de-identified or aggregate information about our users. For example, collecting your device’s phone number allows the service to contact your phone via SMS when you locate your phone from the LogmeOnce web Services.
Social Media Features
Your Use of LogmeOnce Services
- We use analytics software so that we can improve the features and usability of the Services. This software may analyze information such as how often you use the Services, the events that occur within the Services, and where the Services was downloaded. We may also use such information to show you relevant content and suggest new features, products and services that can enhance your use of LogmeOnce. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
Your Use of LogmeOnce Website and Emails
- We use analytics services to measure how people use our website and emails so that we can improve our products and services and provide more relevant content to you. Analytics services may work by embedding invisible images that are associated with unique identifiers on our site, by using cookies or other local device storage or by using web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar tracking technologies.
- Some features we offer work better if we know what area you are in. LogmeOnce may collect location information in two ways. We may receive it directly from your mobile device, or, in some situations, we may receive location data from cell tower or Wi-Fi hotspot information. We may use third-party service providers to translate that information into usable location information.
Other Information You Provide to Us
USE OF INFORMATION
- We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
a) To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
b) To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
c) To improve our website.
d) To improve customer service.
e) To process transactions.
- We may use the non-personal information solely to improve our products and to provide customized services or technologies to you.
- We will never rent, sell or provide your personal information to any third parties, unless you request and agree to it. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purposes stated in this policy.
Partners and Providers
- We may use the information we collect from you to allow you to participate in the Website’s activities for which the information is collected, including, but not limited to, to improve the content, customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor, to notify users about updates, and for our internal contact database purposes. In some cases, we may allow you to connect data you have already provided through another service (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter or Paypal).
- When we develop this sort of connection, we do not locally store or process any of your data; rather, we connect the third-party service directly with the service you are accessing, which is hosted through a third party with which we have no, or limited, contact. Some of our services may provide e-commerce solutions that allow you to purchase goods and services online. Although we develop the means by which financial information may be collected from these services, we do not store or process any information from your financial transactions.
- We may send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive for tech support, customer service, tell-a-friend, email updates. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- We may use your Personal Information to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Website and measure its effectiveness and reach of ads. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
- We may anonymize and aggregate data collected regarding use and functioning of our system by our various users. Such aggregated statistical data will be our sole property. We may disclose this information to others, but not in a form that personally identifies you.
Disclosure with Your Consent
- We may also share your personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Types of Cookies
- We use “session” cookies to keep you logged in while you use our services, to better understand how you interact with our services, and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic information on our services. Session cookies disappear when you log out and close your browser.
- We also use “persistent” cookies to recognize you when you return to our services. Persistent cookies can stay on your computer for a longer period of time than session cookies do.
- We also use “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our services and how they’re using them. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. Finally, we may use other standard technologies, such as web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and local storage, to analyze, collect and aggregate data about your use of our products and services.
Cookies from Third-Parties
- We believe it is important for you to know exactly what third-party cookies we use on our website and services. Here is a list of the third-party cookies that we currently use. As we develop and improve our services, we may use other third parties that are not listed below.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but some browsers may permit you to change your settings or use third-party tools to disable cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. These browsers or other third party tools may also permit you to delete cookies you already have. Please be aware that some parts of our services may not work for you if you delete or disable cookies.
● Google AdWords – These cookies allow our vendors to serve ads based on your past visits to our sites and for remarketing purposes. Google may use this cookie and other tracking technology to show you our ads across the internet. Google permits you to opt out of Google’s use of these cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings.
● Zendesk – These cookies allow our vendor to provide best support and chat services so that we can improve your experience.
● WebEx – These cookies allow our vendor to provide best experience for online meeting service.
● Lucky Orange – These cookies allow us to see how you use our website and our Services so that we can improve your experience.
● Crazy Egg – These cookies allow us to see how you use our website and our Services so that we can improve your experience.
● Refersion – These cookies allow us to provide sales analytics.
● Clicky – These cookies allow us to see how you use our website and our Services so that we can improve your experience.
LogmeOnce is a security company, and securing your data is important to us. LogmeOnce uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. For example, we use a combination of firewalls, authentication, physical security, and other safeguards to protect your account and your data. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or location based information) on our website, within the LogmeOnce app, or in our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure additional layer of security using AES 256. We also perform third-party penetration tests to harden our systems from attack.
Because no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information, data or content that LogmeOnce receives on your behalf to operate the LogmeOnce services, or that you transmit to LogmeOnce. All such receipt or transmission of your information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If LogmeOnce learns of a security breach, we will notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. LogmeOnce will also post a notice on the LogmeOnce services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
Your identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
STORING THE INFORMATION
Our policy is to retain personally identifiable information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide our products and services to you and others or as otherwise required for legal compliance purposes. We may delete your data if your account is inactive and as otherwise provided in our Terms of Service.
If you have specifically requested for an earlier deletion of your Data, we shall fulfil such request within one month of receipt of such request.
We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this policy and in the circumstances detailed below:
DISCLOSING AND SHARING THE INFORMATION
The Website may allow you to post information to social networks and other websites. We do not share your information with them unless you direct the Website to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
Social Networks and Other Websites
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries as well as other third parties to enforce laws on intellectual property, fraud, theft, harassment, among others. We reserve the right to disclose your information when required by law. We can, and you authorize us to, disclose any information about you, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, protect or defend our rights or property or the rights or property of other users of our Website or the rights or property of third parties, to assist in an investigation or to respond to an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of users or third parties.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We will post an announcement about such on the Website. However, we cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
LogmeOnce contains links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you leave LogmeOnce and go elsewhere. We do not accept liability for misuse of any information by any website controller to which we may link. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, which may differ from ours.
In addition, if you take advantage of an offer from one of our partners, you may be providing information directly to that partner. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of these partners, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any partners or linked sites.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND WEBSITES
If you comment on our blog or other public forums, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of those blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these blogs or for any content you receive as a result of sharing such information.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@LogmeOnce.com. If we are not able to remove your personal information, we will let you know why.
BLOG AND COMMUNITY FORUM
We will provide you reasonable access to personally identifiable information that you provide through the Services and the reasonable ability to review and correct it, as applicable, to the extent providing such access and means to review and correct are not outweighed, in our sole discretion, by the burden of providing of it, or are otherwise impracticable for any reason.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
We will provide you reasonable access to personally identifiable information that you provide through the Website and the reasonable ability to review and correct it, as applicable, to the extent providing such access and means to review and correct:
RIGHT TO ACCESS
a) are not outweighed, in our sole discretion, by the burden of providing of it; or
b) are otherwise impracticable for any reason.
At any time, you may later review or update the personal information we have collected online from you by contacting us at:support@LogmeOnce.com.
At any time, you may legitimately object to the processing of your Personal Data, except if otherwise provided by applicable law. You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services.
You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at support@LogmeOnce.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
When you delete location data through your account dashboard on LogmeOnce.com, it is de-identified on our Services production systems.
If you wish to subscribe to our updates, we ask only for your name and email address.
We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in Account functionality on the Services. You may opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time by modifying your Account settings, by following the instructions contained within the email, by sending your request to us by email at support@LogmeOnce.com.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period.
Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries, which data protection laws are adequate but different to those in force in the European Union.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
By providing your contact details to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or our clients. We will not give your email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you.
We may send you email messages regarding the Services.
When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates.
CONTACTING YOU WITH THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We will not send you marketing messages if you have opted out of them. You may opt out of email or other communication at any time by sending an email to support@LogmeOnce.com. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission.
Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to “opt-out” and when it is processed and reflected in our systems. Accordingly, you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. We appreciate your patience.
CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
Our Services are not intended for children or minors under the age of 13 years without the permission of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about children under the age of 13 years. Children under such age must not use LogmeOnce to submit any individually identifiable information about themselves without the permission of and direct supervision by their parents or legal guardians.
If you believe that a child has submitted personally identifiable information on or through the Services without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. Any material changes will be posted on this Services and will come into effect 30 days after their posting.
CHANGES AND UPDATES.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
2010 Corporate Ridge, Suite 700,
McLean, Virginia 22102, U.S.A.
(The Washington, D.C. metropolitan area)