How to Change Your Steam Password
If you ever forget your Steam password, you can take some steps to recover or change it so that you can access your games library once again.
Here is what you have to do to change your Steam password:
- Open the Steam client and navigate to the “Settings” tab.
- Within the “Account” tab, click on “Change Password”.
- Enter your existing password, and a confirmation code will be sent to your email.
- Enter the code you received in the box within Steam and enter your new password.
- Once your password has been reset, you will receive an email with the details.
Suppose you can’t remember your password and access Steam settings in the first place. You can contact Steam support, and they will help you resolve the issue. Here is what you have to do:
- Contact Steam support.
- Provide proof of account ownership
- Provide your Steam username.
- Provide the email you used on your account.
How to Change Your Instagram Password
If you ever get locked out of your Instagram account, you can request a password reset directly from the login screen. You can reset your password by using your email, phone number, or Facebook credentials. Here’s a quick overview of how you do that:
When using the Instagram Android app:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on “Get help signing in” located just below “Login”.
- Select “Use Username or Email, Send an SMS” or choose “Log in with Facebook”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in.
When using the Instagram iPhone app:
- Open the app and tap “Forgot Password” above “Login”.
- Select “Username” or “Phone”.
- Enter either your email, username, or phone number.
- Tap “Next” and follow further instructions.
However, if you know your password but want to change it, here is what you have to do:
- Tap the small icon found in the bottom right of your profile picture.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Navigate to the “Security” tab and select “Password”.
- Enter your existing password, and then enter a new password in the box below.
- Hit “Save”, and your password is now changed.
Rarely, some users might not receive the reset email needed to change the password. That usually happens because the email is sent to the spam folder rather than the inbox. It can also occur because you’ve mistyped your email during the signup process. Here is how you find your Instagram password reset email:
- Open your email and check the spam filter.
- If you still can’t find the email, reset your password with Facebook verification if you linked your Facebook profile with Instagram.
- If nothing helps, contact your email provider and explain the issue.
How to Change Your Amazon Password
If you forgot your Amazon password or if you’re worried about your account’s security, you can quickly change or reset your password in minutes. Both processes are quick and easy, and here is what you have to do:
How to change your existing Amazon password:
- Open the Amazon website in your web browser and use your existing credentials to log into your account.
- Select “Account & Lists” found on the right side of your screen.
- Click “Login & security”.
- Sign in to your account to prove your identity
- Click “Edit” found next to “Password”.
- Re-enter your existing password, and type in a new password below twice.
- Hit “Save Changes,” and your password is now changed.
What to do when you forget your Amazon password:
If you can’t access your Amazon account because you’ve forgotten your password completely, here is what you have to do to reset it and create a new password:
- Open the Amazon website in your browser and navigate to the “password assistance page.”
- Enter your phone number or email associated with your account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA test, and you will be sent a one-time password.
- Enter the password into the right box and click “Continue”.
- You will be taken to the password reset window, where you have to enter a new password.
- Create your new password and hit “Save”.
- Navigate back to the Amazon homepage and log in using your new password.
How to Change Your Spotify Password
If you ever forget or lose your Spotify password, you can take the following step to reset it and access your account once again. Follow these easy steps to regain control of your Spotify account.
Changing your existing password
- Open Spotify in your web browser, you can’t change the password using the mobile app.
- Click on “Log in”, found in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Enter your existing username, email address, and password. If you use Facebook to log in to your Spotify account, you will have to change your Facebook password.
- Select “Login”.
- Click on your username in the lower left part of the screen.
- Select “Account” or “View Account”.
- When the menu appears, navigate to “Change Password”.
- Enter your existing password in the first box.
- Enter a new password twice in the boxes below.
- Select “Set New Password”.
If you can’t remember your Spotify password, you can reset it in a few easy steps. Here’s what you have to do:
- Open Spotify in your browser and select “Password reset”.
- Enter your Spotify username or email address associated with your account.
- Click “Send”, and Spotify will send you an email with more details.
- Open your email and open the message sent by Spotify.
- Click on the link within the email.
- You will be taken to another window where you have to enter your new password.
- Re-type the same password in both boxes.
- Select “Set Password”, and your password is now changed.